Thursday, May 7, 2009

Star Trek

Ok I have never been that big of a Trek fan and even though I have midnight tickets to see the movie tonight I am not overly enthused or excited by it. My biggest problem with the new Trek is that Kirk with always be William Shatner and Spock will always be Leonard Nimoy. The fact that they are replacing what was a young cast when the series first aired in the 1960's with a young cast in the reboot seems utterly moronic. Sometimes you have to just let series' die, everything has a natural evolution and Star Trek has of late become just a fanboy fascination.

That being said I hunted out and obtained all four Star Trek glasses released by Burger King yesterday.


For some reason the Burger King glasses made me giddy. I have been trying to obtain a complete set of the Star Wars ones released for all three Star Wars movies during the 70's and 80's.

Luckily the lady (a Mexican call me racist but for some reason most fast food restraunts now days are staffed by Mexicans who can barely speak English rather than teenagers that made up the staffing in my day and era) sold me all four glasses even though I only bought one value meal. Which means now I don't have to eat at Burger King three more times to get the whole set. Stupid people can be used to your advantage every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment